Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Softball Canada Canadian "A" Fastpitch Championships


This entry really has nothing to do with anything, except for the fact that I felt like sharing with my classmates what has been taking up all my time this summer. This summer I decided to move up and play Senior "A" fastball, knowing that I am still eligible to play junior ball. This decision was based on the fact that I thought moving up would allow me the best opportunity to play the highest calibre of ball that I could, without playing on the National team. Deciding to play on this team meant a lot of time commitment, meaning that I would have to sacrifice other things that I love to do during the summer months. So the question, I'm sure your all wondering is "Did this decision turn out to be the right one?".

Well ........... I couldn't have asked for anything better. I loved every second of it and don't regret my decision for a second. During my four months off from school I have had the opportunity to travel and play in tournaments in Saskatoon, Calgary, Winnipeg and Vancouver. Playing on this team has also given me a Provincial Championship which allowed my team the opportunity to represent Saskatchewan at the Canadian National Championship in Vancouver from Aug.7- 14.




The Canadian National Championship in Vancouver was extremely exciting. I had the opportunity to play against the best women's fastball players in Canada, including women that play or have played for Team Canada. This isn't the first time that I have been at a National Championship for fastball, as I have gone for the last three years to the Junior National Championships. But this National Championship was way more exciting for me because the level of ball was that much better. My team "The Regina Extreme" finished FOURTH at the National tournament out of twelve teams. It would have been nice to get a medal, but finishing fourth isn't something to be ashamed of. It is just the competitiveness in me, knowing that a medal was one win away.

1 comment:

DRS said...

Congratulations. I'm glad you were able to have the experience and enjoy a full summer of fun and learning